Thursday 21 April 2016

To You My Love - A Poem

This poem expresses love in the most deepest, truest and emotional way to titillate and swell your heart with pleasant thoughts.
 
To You My Love
 
My Asanwa,
Let me swim on the breath that comes from your mouth
And paddle to safety by the twitching of your eyelid
Let me pack the sorrows of your heart 
And dump it in the river of clouds 
To be forgotten for eternity
 
I will awake all night
To stare at the prettiness of your face
I will shut my ears with your words
And write my desires on your heart 
All of me, I will lay on the table of your soul
And together we shall climb the steps of love 
Forever entwined in its sweetness
 
Gorgeous is the color of your lips
Your eyes are painted in lusty shadows
You dance like Ugomma, the most endowed maiden 
Whose hips twist and turn in succulent pleasure
 
Each night I shout your name in my dreams 
Like a lunatic struck with a bout of agwu, 
Our story shall be told as folktales 
Under the eyes of the moon 
And the stars will sit as witnesses to celebrate our union
 
Your love is sweet madness to my eyes 
For my soul begs to nestle in your warmth
Swear to me this day that your heart will beat only for me
 
Nneoma, Nneoma
I will reach the heavens 
And pluck the leaf of love for your everlasting delight
I will shake hands with the gods one and all 
Their smiles I shall pack in the bag 
To share with your kins-men
 
Sweet one, go to the gate of my heart
Lock it with your key 
And chain our love with the veins of your heart 
For my soul is surrendered in your care
I will willingly walk the walks with my last breath
For your soul to live
Cos tonight, I smell your love all over me
 
- written by Alexander Thandi Ubani
send feedback to thandiubani@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment