Friday 11 March 2016

I Drove Trucks Before I Became Governor...See Photos of Gov. Fayose Driving a Truck in Ekiti

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State, on Thursday, set the social media abuzz, as he released some photos of him driving a truck around streets in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital.
 
In photos and message posted on his Twitter page on Thursday, outspoken governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose revealed that he used to drive trucks before he was elected number one citizen of the state.
 
 
The governor who returned in 2014 after defeating Kayode Fayemi, then the incumbent governor, revealed that he was into truck business before becoming the state’s governor, and emphasized that he would continue to act as a common man, charging Ekiti people to be proud of their chosen means of livelihood, adding that there is dignity in labour. 
 
"We must be proud of our profession. I sell trucks, I did haulage, I can drive this truck to Lagos. I did this before I became governor," he wrote.
 
 
The governor also encouraged Ekiti people to remain hardworking and committed, noting that diligent people are bound to rise to greater heights irrespective of their academic background and social status. 
 
It can be recalled that last year, he told members of the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) in his state that he was once a commercial driver.
 
 
"I was once a driver like you. I used the money I got from driving to sponsor myself for HND at Ibadan Polytechnic. Being a driver, you can make it in life. You will become what you want to become in life through hard work," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment